Friday, October 27, 2006

Let me tell you about my neighbor

My neighbor, luckily does not live on my street, but does live on one of the main streets into our neighborhood. I have to drive past his house to get to mine. Let's call him Bubba (for reasons that will become clear).

On Wednesday of this week, Bubba put up two homemade signs in his yard. These signs say 'If you called Animal Control Stop By".

You see Bubba has a mean dog. I have encoutered said dog while walking my dogs in the neighborhood. During these encounters, Bubba has to put his beer down* to control this mean dog. Apparently someone in the neighborhood had enough of Bubba's mean dog and called Animal Control. Of course, rather than recognizing the problem as his barely controlled dog, Bubba has taken issue with someone being afraid of his dog and contacting the authorities.

The signs are still up, but are being destroyed by the constant rain we've had today. I hope tomorrow they will be gone and not replaced with new ones.

*I have rarely seen Bubba without a beer in his hand: Bubba walks to his mailbox, he's got a beer in his hand. Bubba cuts down our bank to go fishin', he's got a beer in his hand. Bubba walks his dog, he got a beer in his hand. Bubba sits in a bag chair in his front yard with his mean dog waiting for the person who called Animal Control to "stop by" with a beer in his hand. I think I could start my own law firm with the money he spends on beer in a month.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home